The city of Charlotte, North Carolina, is renowned for its southern charm, extensive past, and varied cuisine. Making a dining choice in the Queen City can be challenging due to the city’s expanding food scene. To assist you in making your choice, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 restaurants in Charlotte according to Yelp reviews.
1. The Fig Tree Restaurant – Popular for date evenings and special occasions, this opulent and sophisticated restaurant is stylish and sophisticated. French and American dishes are offered on a creative, seasonal menu at The Fig Tree Restaurant. Make sure to sample some of their best-selling items, like the creme brulee, pan-seared duck breast, and fig and prosciutto salad.
2. Haberdish – This southern-style restaurant is a must-visit for fried chicken lovers. Haberdish serves up mouth-watering fried chicken, mac and cheese, and collard greens. Pair your meal with one of their signature cocktails for the ultimate dining experience.
3. Price’s Chicken Coop – This family-owned restaurant has been a Charlotte staple since 1962. Price’s Chicken Coop is known for their crispy fried chicken and hush puppies. Don’t be fooled by the small size of the restaurant – the food is big on flavor.
4. Bardo – Bardo is a contemporary American restaurant that serves innovative dishes using local ingredients. Their menu changes frequently, but you can always expect to find unique and delicious dishes like the octopus carpaccio, roasted duck, and white chocolate bread pudding.
5. Soul Gastrolounge – This hip and trendy restaurant is the perfect spot for a night out with friends. Soul Gastrolounge serves up small plates like pork belly tacos, grilled octopus, and mac and cheese bites. Don’t forget to try one of their signature cocktails.
6. Midwood Smokehouse – This barbecue joint serves up some of the best smoked meats in Charlotte. Midwood Smokehouse is known for their brisket, pulled pork, and ribs. Be sure to try their mac and cheese and banana pudding for the ultimate southern meal.
7. 300 East – This cozy and charming restaurant serves up American and international cuisine. 300 East is a popular spot for brunch, where you can enjoy dishes like their avocado toast, huevos rancheros, and chicken and waffles.
8. The Goodyear House – The Goodyear House is a trendy restaurant that serves up southern-inspired dishes. Their menu features items like the chicken fried steak, pimento cheese dip, and shrimp and grits. Be sure to save room for dessert – the chocolate chess pie is a must-try.
9. Sabor Latin Street Grill – Sabor Latin Street Grill is a popular spot for quick and delicious Latin American food. Their menu features dishes like arepas, tacos, and empanadas. Be sure to try their popular dish, the Chimi – a Dominican-style burger with a secret sauce.
10. La Belle Helene – This French restaurant is a hidden gem in Charlotte. La Belle Helene serves up classic French dishes like escargot, beef bourguignon, and creme brulee. The restaurant also features an extensive wine list with wines from all over the world.
Charlotte’s food scene is constantly growing and evolving, but these 10 restaurants have stood the test of time and continue to impress locals and tourists alike. Whether you’re in the mood for Southern comfort food or innovative cuisine, there’s a restaurant on this list for everyone. Be sure to make a reservation and experience the best of Charlotte’s dining scene.